Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lemon Tuna Pasta!

 
Tonight's dinner was a hit!
Sometimes I find myself looking through the cupboard wondering what I could possibly make with what's in there but, I love a challenge! 
We had spaghetti noodles and a can of tuna, plus one sad lemon that needed to be used. I searched these ingredients on Pinterest and found a great recipe to use as a base. (although someday I would like to make the whole thing!)
 
 
photo courtesy of wallpapersus.com

 
We did not have capers, olives or red chili....so, I had to change it up a bit.
In place of those missing ingredients I added slices of red onion to the garlic, butter, oil & lemon. This worked well as the red onion became super sweet!
Once the pasta was done I tossed it with the oil mix and added tuna plus Parmesan cheese and fresh thyme from our window garden, instead of basil.
Wowee!
 It transported us to someplace warm & sunny with every bite!
A must try recipe to break the chill of winter.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment