Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cookie break

Good afternoon!  The kids are up and on the couch watching "Good Times". :) It is snowing now and seems like a good time to bake some cookies.
I bake/make goodies once a week, usually consisting of cookies and bars.  Occasionally I go big with a cake or surprise with a midweek pudding.  Sweets tend to go fast here but, my new philosophy of 'when it's gone it's gone' has helped to slow consumption down a bit. 
Along with axing the sugary drinks, I am slowly redefining our desserts by omitting the extra sugar.  So many cookies, even no bake, call for large amounts of sugar! TGFP (thank goodness for Pinterest!) after a little while of browsing I found this recipe for Banana Oatmeal Cookies !!  This is just the pick me up we need today!

UPDATE:  The cookies turned out alright. I used bananas that I had previously frozen, once thawed they mashed in a flash. I made my spoonfuls a bit thicker - thus a thicker cookie. This is a great recipe to adapt for breakfast cookies too.  Flax seed would be a good add in as well, I didn't think of it soon enough on my batch this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment